Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September Summaries


On September 20th I read Nikita’s blog. She wrote about a man that I have never heard of, named Richard Whitehead. He is a double amputee who won the 2012 Olympics for Britain. I was very thankful for Nikita’s blog because I was able to learn about a person’s perseverance and determination. Richard Whitehead won the 200m race in record time this year. He also holds two different records for double amputees. He is a very impressive man and I enjoyed reading and learning about him.


Also at the end of September I posted on Mr. Capps blog. Mr. Capps was discussing how if the students kept going over their material, they would be able to be more fluent in their reading. I told him that I agreed with him. I explained that I use to be dyslexic and was terrible at reading. My dad kept pushing me and pushing me to try my hardest and do better. Eventually, I learned to get past my dyslexia.
Mr. Capps had a great idea that if there was more engaging material the students wouldn’t mind reading it. So Mr. Capps put a funny poem on his blog calld “The Armpit of Doom,” by Ken Nesbitt. This poem was so funny it made my sides hurt from laughing. I explained to Mr. Capps that it was a wonderful idea to have the students read poetry. Not only does it help them with fluency, it also will give them a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment