Tuesday, November 20, 2012

C4T Final Teacher


First Week

Mrs. Edna Sackson is the publisher of “What Ed Said” website. I have had the great opportunity to comment on her blog the past couple of weeks. The First week that I read her blog she made a survey for all teachers to take. This survey is to figure out how to improve the learning and teaching environment. To take what is working for teachers and keep it and what isn’t and throw it out. I explained to her that I thought this was an amazing idea. We need teachers to come together and talk about what engages the students and what makes them want to learn more. This way that when future teachers come in they are not hit by a lot of road blocks. I explained to her that I know that everything doesn’t always work for every particular teacher, but at least we would have some sort of idea. This idea would help formulate a good teaching style to work with. I told Ms. Sackson about flipping the classroom. I asked her if she had ever heard of it, and I explained what it was. I told her that it would be a great way to get the students to be more interactive.
 Edna Sackson Picture

Second Week

The Second post that I commented on was Mrs. Sackson showing a video asking students what creativity is. She got numerous responses and all of them different. I told her that I really did enjoy her video. I thought the students were very creative in their responses and they sounded very articulate. I discussed that what one student found interesting and creative another might not. This is why creativity is so unique and personal. I think that it is sad how creativity is lost. Once the students get to middle school and high school they have to fall in line with everyone else. This just keeps thing simple for the teachers at hand, but this makes it difficult for our students. I told her that we need to have students learning the material by interacting with other students, and being able to create things.

No comments:

Post a Comment